Andrew H. Pederson
Teaching Associate Professor, Economics and Business
- M.T. Masters in Taxation, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- B.A. Economics, Pacific Lutheran University
Professor Pederson teaches undergraduates as well as in the Engineering & Technology Management and Mineral & Energy Economics graduate programs.
EBGN 230 – Introduction to Business
EBGN 321A – Engineering Economics
EBGN 321B – Engineering Economics
EBGN 504 – Economic Evaluation & Investment Decision Methods
EBGN 553 – Project Management
PEGN 422 – Economic Evaluation of Oil and Gas Projects
- “Economic Evaluation and Investment Decision Methods” 16th Ed. 2019, By Franklin J. Stermole, John M. Stermole, and Andrew H. Pederson
- “Self Teaching Manual for Economic Evaluations and Investment Decision Methods” 16th Ed. 2019, By Franklin J. Stermole, John M. Stermole, and Andrew H. Pederson
- “Instructors Copy: Problem Solutions Manual for Economic Evaluations and Investment Decision Methods” 16th Ed. 2019, By Franklin J. Stermole, John M. Stermole, and Andrew H. Pederson
- An e-book of the text is also coming out in early 2019.
- Older Editions by Stermole, Stermole, and Pederson include the 15th Edition to the above textbooks
Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers
Member of the Society of Mining Engineers
I Dig Money – A multi-event seminar series every semester that features presentations about various aspects of personal finance.
Economic Evaluation Seminar: 2-Day class All Engineering and Technology Masters “ TM” students must attend, which provides an overview of engineering economics and the criteria used to evaluate investment decisions in technology-based industries.
FE Review “Engineering Economics” taught each semester see https://inside.mines.edu/FE-Home for more information and schedule.
“Managing Your Money After Graduation” – Speech to Fraternity
I am more than willing to talk to any group on campus, please reach out to inquire for more information
In-House Course Taught
Andrew has taught “Economic Evaluation and Investment Decision Methods” (2.5-4 Days) over 75 times in-house to various companies, government agencies, and continuing education departments. Please contact Andrew Pederson directly for more information.
“US Tax Law Review” 1-Day course summarizing the US Tax code, specifically depreciation, depletion, amortization, and write offs, historical tax rates, business vs. personal tax rates, and expense vs. capitalize will all be discussed.
For more information in-house classes see www.stermole.com
In-house Course Sponsors:
|Arch Coal Inc.||Barr Engineering|
|Barrick Gold Corporation||Casillas Energy|
|Colorado School of Mines||Chesapeake Energy|
|Cloud Peak Energy||Continental Resources|
|Encana Corporation||EMX Royalty Corp.|
|FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission)||Kinder Morgan|
|Kosmos Energy||Midland College|
|Newfield Exploration Company||Scout EP|
|Southwestern Energy||WPX Energy|
Continuing Education Short Courses on Campus
“Economic Evaluation and Investment Decision Methods” – More information
This course, presented over 1,025 times to more than 23,500 people, is designed for managers, engineers, geologists, landmen, scientists, accountants and others concerned with evaluating investments. It addresses the economic analysis of income and service producing investments based on discounted cash ow analysis procedures. Covering economic analysis techniques used to optimize the development and operation of mining, petroleum, non-natural resource and processing operations, the 4-day course addresses both before-tax and after-tax analysis considerations while the 2.5-day course focuses on before-tax considerations. The textbook for both courses, “Economic Evaluation and Investment Decision Methods,” 16th Edition, 2019 by Franklin J. Stermole, John M. Stermole, & Andrew H. Pederson demonstrates the evaluation techniques presented using a variety of applications for people with technical and non-technical backgrounds, with or without previous evaluation experience.
Upcoming dates in 2023:
- March 20 – 22 :: Before-Tax + After-Tax
- May 15 – 18 :: Before-Tax + After-Tax
- June 12 – 15 :: Before-Tax + After-Tax
- July 17 – 20 :: Before-Tax + After-Tax
- November 6 – 9 :: Before-Tax + After-Tax
More dates to come.